Healix is honored to be named Humanitarian Organization of the Year by Healthcare Marketers Exchange.
Giving back is ingrained in the culture at Healix, IPG Mediabrands’ healthcare-focused agency. Being part of the healthcare space requires a level of concern for the well-being of others, but at Healix it is more than just concern. There is a strong commitment from all levels of the organization to improve the lives of those in our communities – on a local and global level.
At the helm of the team is Jeffrey D. Erb, President of Healix. Jeff leads by example, rolling up his sleeves to pitch in and constantly encouraging people to get involved either with Healix’s initiatives or some of their own.
Erb stated: “I am moved by the passion our team has for improving the lives of others. Whether it is in their work as media planners and strategists connecting patients and caregivers with pharmaceutical brands or volunteering their time to pack school supplies for children living in shelters, they are committed to helping people they’ve never even met. The truth is, my team inspires me – every day.”
The decisions about which organizations and events to support come directly from the team. The staff expressed interest in opportunities to help families and children in need, as well as medical conditions that touch some of them personally.
In the one year since Healix’s formation, the company has:
- Stocked shelves at The Food Bank of New York City
- Held a holiday gift drive for underprivileged children completing wish lists for New York Cares
- Used a football pool to raise money for the American Heart Association
- Read one-on-one with children in need at Pajama Program
- Hosted a school supply drive and volunteered time to pack backpacks for Volunteers of America’s Operation Backpack
- Formed a JDRF/One Walk team to raise funds and awareness for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) and Type 1 Diabetes (T1D).
- Planned an office back sale to support the JDRF walk team fundraising goal.
- Planned a diaper and supply drive for the Texas Diaper Bank to aid those displaced by Hurricane Harvey.
The key is that Healix as a whole is supportive of its staff volunteering, which includes taking time out of the workday to volunteer or plan volunteer activities.
Read more about Healix’s charitable efforts and why it won this award.
Healix will receive the award at the AMM Nexus/HME Humanitarian Awards Dinner on March 27, 2018. For information on the award ceremony go to http://www.ammonline.org/nexus-registration.